Saturday, May 7, 2011

i am a silly girl








on one of the few and far between friday's i have off. my main man and i went to city of rocks.
i may have written one or twice my true affection for that tiny valley, amidst the arid desert of idaho.
......i'm getting sidetracked.
so as k packed, organized, and put together every ounce of what we would need. i sat, looking through photos, daydreaming, and doing nothing in particular.
when we arrived at the most beautiful of cracks, all by our very own selves. i searched my climbing bag, and oh me, oh my, i had forgotten my climbing shoes!
a travesty if i've ever seen one.
(lookat all that pink. i am truly not as girlie as my climbing garb seems to indicate.)

so, i belayed.
and watched.
and wished i could climb.
i will chalk it up to karma.
i did not help.
i did not climb.
so, i left my mr. there with our friends, and came home alone. i could not find a partner here either.
and tonight, will be my very first night alone in the new house.
i must admit, i am a little nervous, it's been a very long time since i was all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment