Thursday, June 2, 2011

i am still here

it seems i haven't been doing much of anything lately.
it's the weather.
no. that's not really true, we have been getting out, it just hasn't been interesting, or blog worthy. i am not one of those blogists who takes beautiful pictures of the rainy sidewalk, or my bike spokes, and writes lovely verse about my feelings. I have neither the patience nor the feelings for such things. i am not that self-reflective.
if i were to take pictures, they would be of the spouse ducks that live in the river behind my house. or of the rain dripping down the leaves, or of myself riding like the wind on my new bicycle. but, i do not. i should. but i do not.
i also don't write about how the wind feels running through my hair, or the rain on my face as i squint and find my way home.

different blogs i guess.

we did get out for a moment the other day. between rain storms we climbed. we spent the night in our tent, and listened to the storm roll over us.
we've hike among the flowers and moss on the mountainside, and let bear run like a wild thing through the tall tall grass.










we watched (and cried a little) as our sweet baby niece graduated preschool.



we planted a garden. note: moss grows best by the creek-side.

so, while i do not write about my feelings, and i do not take pictures, i do have them, and i will try to be better.







post scriptus: i am dying for fresh peas. i will drive to the end of the earth. please, tell me, where are the peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment