Tuesday, November 29, 2011

.......i'm kind of a big deal......

we spent thanksgiving climbing.
i'm convinced it is the only way to celebrate.

we met kathi and franck in red rocks, nv. this being the last time we will see them in the states, as their american climbing trip comes to a close.
(i will miss them very much)
we also met allen burgess. --he's famous--

we climbed hard routes everyday, kathi and franck push us as they are far better climbers, and we simply try to keep up. i also may be stealing a bit of kathis style. the girl is smooth.
during the evening we would sit around the camp fire listening to allens stories that began with such phrases as "so...it was 1975 and we were trying to steal a car...what were we to do, we needed to get to the verdon"

it was a united nations of climbers, and people, we solved the worlds problems.






it has been weeks since i've last touched a rock, and it felt so good. my fingers are raw, my back is tight, and i am ready to drop everything and go on another climbing trip.

it has also come to my attention that i am in desperate need of a new camera.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I love your writing style. It speaks to me. Through your writing I feel and I laugh...sometimes a LOT!--just me and your blog. Thank you! : )

    ReplyDelete