Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a little youth

Today I found my Ani Difranco cd's. I think husband may have hid them from me. (angry woman rock and he don't mix) But, I on the other hand, love her.


And something about her makes me want to sit and write tormented poetry. Maybe it is because she reminds me a little of my high school, early college days, when I was writing...well, tormented poetry. Maybe it is because her voice is so strong, and I've seemed to have lost mine recently. Nevertheless, rocking out to a little Ani is good for my soul, and these lame computer speakers aren't giving me what I want.
"sometimes beauty is easy, sometimes you don't have to try at all. sometimes you can hear the wind blow in a handshake. sometimes there's poetry written right on the bathroom wall"

1 comment:

  1. I love that your husband and Brett share the same feelings for "angry chick music". I love Ani Difranco! I love that it makes you want to sit and write tormented poetry . . . write on.

    ReplyDelete