Thursday, May 6, 2010

a wives wish


There are few things that I like more than waking up to my own clock, rolling over, and kissing the smelly mouth of my still sleeping husband.
(minus the weak sentence structure, it's a good image, no?)
This has not been happening as of late.

Lately it is the disturbingly bad music on the alarm clock that wakes me. who choose that anyway? and a rushing out the door. I would like to know what happened to the "good morning sunshine's" and "here is your coffee, just like you like it's"

Now, some of you out there may not think it is out of the ordinary to have your hubbies running out the door, not to be seen again until dark. Some of you may think him coming home stressed and less than pleasant, is a completely normal circumstance. This is not what I've come accustom to. There are benefits of marrying the snowboarding, Alaskan fly-fishing, mostly unemployed, guy who you have too much fun with. And that is pretty much everything.

It seems to me, that recently all I've been writing about is our eventual leaving. That is because it is all I think about. And recent circumstances (mostly involving the moods of my husband) has only continued my infatuation with leaving.

So, hopefully soon, I will once again be waking up to sunshine, trees, and a smelly smiling husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment