Sunday, April 3, 2011

my favorite city


we went back to idaho.
love.
i've decided, officially, that almo is the most beautiful little valley.
also, the almo inn, very romantic. i am a sucker for a jetted tub, every time.




then we climbed.
the city of rocks is a wild place. the rocks are all perfect and they are scattered haphazardly in the bottom of a valley. like a child forgot to put away his toys.


then, i led colombian crack, and chim-chim-chimney-ed my way up the first part.



placed six or seven bad pieces in a row, the first one fell out when i was mere inches above it. not at all invoking confidence in the rest of my pieces.
then i ran out.
so, i ran it out.
it turns out my panic placements are more secure than my thoughtful ones.


it was glorious, and sunny, and completely void of people. except the germans, but they were nice.

we wore flip-flops all day, and decided that we will not put our toes in shoes again until fall.


later it snowed in northern utah.
i stick by my decision.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your decision to not put your toes in shoes until fall. But next time you're heading to the City you give me a call. I want to roll up for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely wes! we'll make a weekend of it, bring your bike.

    ReplyDelete