Monday, March 28, 2011

hygienically unequivalent

i discovered that i shower exactly 4 times less than my girlfriends.
this is not to say one way is better, simply that i am not as clean. it is something i grew use to on my trip, and it has continued into my daily life. i haven't realized it before now. i work at a climbing gym, everyone there is a hippie, i am the most hygienic.
i am the least when it come to my friends.
different spaces i guess.







we went to zion.
it rained.
awesome anyway.







i love this trip, every year all of my friends get together for an entire weekend. it is laughter and happiness, and it rejuvenates our relationships.
it is becoming harder and harder to reconnect with my friends, we lead very different lives. all of us with our own ideas, and priorities. but, this trip, zion, brings us back together, and the year apart doesn't seem so long.
so, even with the freezing rain, and our suitcases full of shorts, we still managed to hike, play card games, giggle, laugh and smile the weekend away.









then, the sun peeked out, and we ran to the cracks. climbing, basking in the sun, and wearing flip-flops, there are few things that make me happier.
the weather drove home three quarters of the group, and all that remained were adrienne, andrew, and us.
sorry friends, you really missed the best part.
adri and andrew really have become quite the crack connoisseurs. moving with ease and beauty up overhanging fist cracks. k, as usual, was amazing. and my love of climbing has once again been restored. i am ready to pack the trailer, and begin again.
when our house closes, i think that is exactly what i am going to do.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip, despite the weather! I'm so glad we got to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trip was so much fun! Now I understand why I had a complete meltdown up in the bathroom. Travis came in the bathroom and I was crying because everyone was ready and loading in the car and I still had to shower me and my small child. next time I'll skip the shower too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather was pretty bad but we can have a do-over in July. With swimsuits, games outside on the deck in the warm evenings. Thanks for coming, best friends ever!

    ReplyDelete