Monday, March 14, 2011

let me tell you a little story

once there was a girl, and she lived in a very big house, and it was filled with lots of furniture. she had a big yard, and fruit trees and a goat that sometimes lived with her. she lived in the country, and everything looked like it was just fine.

then she had an epiphany, and she decided that living in the country with furniture and goats and trees was not what she wanted. so she sold her big house, and with it all of her pretty things, and she moved with her handsome husband into a trailer. then they traveled. and everything really was good.


but, then a couple of things happened. and now that girl is back, and looking for a house. however this time around they've downsized, and the house they are looking at is in the city, and it's connected to other houses, and where once she had a big kitchen, there is now just a little kitchen.
thing one



thing two
here is the kicker,

i'm again thinking about dressers (lord help us all) and beds, and chairs to put around tables. because boys and girls, that girl is I. and I have thrown myself back into the dungeon of domesticity.

so, in an effort to remain sane, and not get caught up in the horrid fact that my mom refuses to let me have the antique dresser (mean) i am here to remind myself that as people who travel, we do not need much.

i never thought about dressers in tahoe, while i was hanging a shower in the trees, and the semi-warm water and cold wind hit my skin simultaneously. instead i got the giggles at the idea of someone driving down the road, to see me hanging a shower in the trees. (note: next time hang shower, then get nekkid)

and beds (or lack of them) didn't worry me in the desert, while red-rock towers and stars decorated the landscape.





curtains, chairs, and furniture arrangements, are not happiness. happiness is listening to fall thunderstorms and music, while k cooks in the (very very small) trailer kitchen.

sometimes it's good to remind yourself (myself) of what is important. and if we ever get to move into this house, i'll just pile my clothes on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment