Monday, March 29, 2010

i think i'm going to need a glass of wine

For the most part I try to stick to writing about climbing, and maybe, somehow, i can relate this back.

I've been wanting to go on a vacation, and before you start in with the "what the hell's" and "your life is a vacation's" let me explain myself.

I've been wanting to go on a real, big, fabulous, sit on a beach and swim in the ocean, type of vacation. And technically it was all but booked. in fact it was booked. But only the airplane part. And husband, in his infinite wisdom noted, maybe we should have book it as a package.

hmmm...good thinking. (note: we is in fact me) So, I canceled the airline tickets. and tried my little heart out to book a package. that we could afford. that was also on the days we planned. that was in some sort of decent hotel. 45 minutes on the phone with the lovely lady and wam, we've got a winner. Only my credit card didn't work. Now, the funds were available. I'm not one to book a trip without them. but i've outdone my limit.

time to call the bank.

another 30 minutes. some transaction issues. and i found out the original ticket was going to come out of the account. then go back in. sometime in the next 30 days. awesome.

So, i've given up. finito. done. no more dreams of sitting on the beach swimming in the ocean vacation.

sadness overwhelms me.

But, such is life. I have learned very valuable lessons that I shall now bestow on you.

1. Always book tickets as a package. the first time.
2. book said ticket when the original thought enters your mind. do not chicken out. get brave. and chicken out again.
3. we is I. and when "we" make decisions for trips plan on a non-committal "eh" from significant other.
4. Open bottle of wine before calling customer support. it is very much needed.
5. The plan was to do a little deep water soloing in the ocean (see i knew I could relate it back to climbing)

but, my good friend, we shall not be dissuaded, we shall overcome, and eventually, that ocean swimming vacation will happen. hopefully sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, but I officially can no longer read this blog. It is far far far too depressing.

    ReplyDelete