Thursday, February 11, 2010

a little snow, a little rest day, a little shout out




Well, spring is once again put on hold as it is snowing (sort of) in this state of the greatest snow on earth. Having taken 4 days off work last week for vacation, this week I get only one, and it turns out that day is Sunday, Valentines day I think. So it snows in vain, as I will not be able to strap on my board.

After 3 days straight of climbing and our 9th street trek, it is time for a few rest days. My hips and ankles hurt where they crease (what does that mean?) and I'm almost positive I'm lacking fingerprints. But, hopefully, the rest is short, and we can train again in the gym soon. Pulling on plastic is better than pulling on nothing. (not much)

I would like to say I miss my friends.

Working retail means nights and weekends. Most of my girlfriends work a normal week. This leaves very little very little time for friend outings. Throw in training, vacations, husbands and children, and that time is reduced further. Most of my friends don't climb. Well, ok that's a lie, they do climb or they want to climb, and they would probably love to go with us. But, when we go we go right now and that little of a notice is difficult for most people. So girlfriends, I miss you, and I think about you.

remember me?

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too! PS I'm catching up on your blog. You're amazing! You'd better call me EVERY time you go climbing in my direction. If I can't climb what you can climb, I'll sit at the bottom and babble instead :)

    ReplyDelete