Tuesday, February 9, 2010

spring we are ready

I am very much ready for spring. Currently my windows are open, letting in that sweet smelling air. The kind that is clean, and comes with just enough coolness, not the kind that is bitter and triggers the heater.

Today we went to 9th street, in Ogden, and climbed a few home-town routes. The sun was shinning, it was warm, and the entire experience made me miss spring terribly.

This winter hasn't exactly been a proper winter. The snow is shallow, and prone to avalanches, the air is dirty and it has just been cold. Now, we are doing the best we can to winter climb. Some days we hike through boulder fields covered in snow, and up icy trails to climb. Other days we go out of town, hoping for warm air and sun. And when we get really desperate we go to the climbing gym. But absolutely nothing is more satisfying than climbing on a day, when the sun is out, when the weather is warm enough to take off your jacket, and yet still cool so the rock is sticky. Today was one of those days. I expected nothing from the climb, there were no preconceived notions running through my mind. I simply roped up, and climbed.

Perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Brett! Yay, I'm glad you're following. I would go skiing, that is if when it snowed and I didn't work actually ever fell on the same day. Without a doubt you're going I'm sure (hurt back or not). Have fun, avoid the slides.

    ReplyDelete