Sunday, February 14, 2010

sometimes it's nice getting what you want

We are leaving this morning to go to the city of rocks in Idaho. I have the day off work (finally) so we are going on a quick trip. Really quick, as I only have the day. It satisfies two of the the allotted requirements previously posted, there are large rocks on which I can climb, and there will be sunshine. As for the palm trees and beach I'm out of luck, but at the end of the day, I may put an umbrella in my drink.

As a bonus our friends Adrienne and Andrew are coming. Adrienne originally got me into climbing. Probably unbeknown to her, as we were top-roping every top-ropeable route in Ogden, she was slowly creating a monster. It was a fun summer, Kaleb was in Alaska, I was living with my parents, and neither of us were married. We would get together every chance we had, before work, after work (after my dad fixed us cocktails!) and go climbing. If we were lucky Andrew came along to lead a route, if not, we would just top-rope, and sometimes, if we were feeling really brave we would try to lead a route together. Adrienne usually being the first, and the one who finished.

So, Nae, thank you, this whole lifestyle is because you let me borrow a harness and your little brothers shoes, and showed me how fun climbing is. I'm excited to do it again with you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment